Service Providers undergoing a change of Australian Business Number (ABN) must ensure that their Company Profile is up to date and that they can receive maintenance requests to the correct profile. It's important to review the following guide to ensure a smooth transition.
Here are step-by-step recommendations to help Service Providers navigate this change seamlessly.
1. Register a New Profile: Create a new profile with the correct ABN to accurately reflect the new business information. ABNs can't be updated on existing profiles as the entities must be kept separate. Register the new profile HERE.
2. Email Address Update: If the preferred email address is associated with the old profile, Service Providers must send proof of identity to the support team. This includes a copy of photo ID (e.g., Driver's Licence) and a Certificate of Business Registration. Once verified, the support team will unlink the email from the old profile, allowing the Service Provider to use it for the new one.
3. Notify Strata Organisations: Service Providers should inform strata organisations they engage with about the change of their ABN. This is crucial for updating their records and maintaining accurate information in their databases.
4. Manage Open Maintenance Requests: Understand that, upon deactivation of the old profile, any open maintenance requests will be automatically declined. Proactively notify strata organisations of this change and advise them to reassign any declined requests to the new profile promptly.
5. Deactivate the Old Profile: Request support to deactivate the old profile, providing the reason for the change - the acquisition of a new ABN. This ensures a clear record of the updated business information.
By following these steps, Service Providers can efficiently manage the transition of their ABN, ensuring that their business information is up-to-date across all platforms. Don't forget to communicate the changes to relevant stakeholders to maintain a seamless workflow.
Service Providers should contact us with any further questions regarding this process.