Service Providers may encounter an issue while they are signing up for the Jobs Portal.
Some common issues are summarised below along with suggested methods for troubleshooting.
1. The invitation token provided is not valid!
It's likely that the invitation link is expired. Service Providers should reach out to the Strata Manager or the Support Team to request a new invitation.
2. You have a pending invitation.
This error message may display even if a Service Provider already created a Company Profile and has valid credentials to sign in to the Jobs Portal.
Reasons this may have occurred:
- The account was activated but the user was not able to complete the setup
- The account was activated but the user was not able to submit insurance/licence documents
To resolve the issue, reach out to the Support Team to send an email with a 'Reset Password' link.
3. I tried the invitation link, but it isn't working.
The link may have expired or the account for the Service Provider may already be active.
If multiple invitations were sent, look for the most recent email and try the invitation link. If this is still not working, please contact our Support Team. They will need an ABN and email to send a new invitation link.
4. I tried to register but it says my ABN or email address is linked to another account.
The Service Provider may already have created a Company Profile. Contact the Support Team to check if there are other profiles associated with the ABN or email address.
5. I tried to sign up but I'm getting the 500 error message.
This is typically resolved by clicking 'Refresh'. If the error message still appears, please contact the Support Team.
6. I'm not receiving the invitation link.
It's likely that the email went to the Junk or Spam folder. Service Providers should check their Junk or Spam folder to look for the email.
Emails from SMATA may be mistakenly blocked and marked as spam. If this is the case, please contact the Support Team to verify whether an email provider is blocking SMATA emails. After this has been verified, a Service Provider may need to contact the email provider to update this setting.
7. I can't get past the Create Password page.
It's likely that the password contains a special character. The Jobs Portal only accepts numbers and letters (at least one letter must be uppercase).
If the error is not resolved by updating the password without any special characters, please contact the Support Team.
8. The password is incorrect.
If there's an error message stating that the password is incorrect, try to recall the correct password. Enter several best guesses.
If none of these attempts are successful, reset your password.
Resetting a Password
1. Go to my.smata.com
2. Click the 'Forgot password?' link
3. Enter an Email
4. Click 'Reset Password'
5. An email will be sent to the email address provided
6. Open the email and click the 'Update Password Now' link
Note: Password must contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers
7. Set a Password for the account
8. Sign in with Email and New Password
When the password has been reset, Users should be able to complete the
Sign In Process.
9. The email address is incorrect.
Make sure that the email used during Sign In is the one linked to the account and not a different email address. Users should contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they're unsure of which email is linked to their Portal account.
10. You may not have an account.
Users that want to create a Portal account, but have not been invited to do so by their organisation, should reach out to the point of contact within their organisation to
Support Team is online Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM AEST.
Phone: 0488 -839-500
Chat: Click the Support Icon on the website