With our continuous efforts to provide quality services to our stakeholders, SMATA created the Maintenance Manager role.
What is Maintenance Manager?
A Maintenance Manager is a role created by SMATA to support Strata Managers in managing their work orders.
Their task includes:
- Creates work/quote requests on behalf of strata managers
- Make follow up phone calls and emails to contractors to action a job
- Obtain new trades information by contacting them via phone call/email and get them set up in the system and issue tickets
- Updates contact details as required
- Updates building notes as required
- Approve/send quotes for approval based on the information provided by the strata manager for each strata plan.
- Approve invoices for processing on behalf of strata managers
How to assign a Maintenance Manager to manage a job?
If the strata plan or building has been selected to received a maintenance support, the strata manager will have a check box for 'Require a SMATA Maintenance Manager to assist with this job' available to them when creating a work order.
Once this is submitted, the job will be added to the Jobs list: 'Assist Requests' from which a Maintenance Manager to assign to themselves and manage.
Requesting a job to be created via email
To request via email for a maintenance manager assist you with creating a job, you will need to provide them the following information:
- Whether the job will be a Quote or Work Request
- Strata Plan
- The name of the contractor/s you wish to use and their trade category
- The minimum amount of quotes needed before being sent to the committees (for Quote Requests only)
- Clear description of the work required- including supporting attachments like quotes/photos (if necessary)
- Name, email and contact number for Site Contacts (Contacts to arrange access with contractor)
- Name and email of the Building contacts to receive notification (i.e. they only get an email allowing them to track the job through a link, details invisible to the contractor)
Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our Maintenance managers will create the job in SMATA and follow up on updates.
How to filter jobs that are assigned to Maintenance Manager?
Strata Managers have the ability to filter the jobs that are being Assisted, jobs that require assistance and jobs that are being managed by them.
To do this, simply Click the Wrench Icon and select the job filter.
Displays the list of jobs that are being handled by the Strata Manager Only
Displays the pool of jobs that Strata Managers have requested assistance with but have not yet been assigned to a Maintenance Manager.
Displays the list of jobs that Maintenance Managers are currently assisting with
If you have any questions, please contact us HERE