When a job is assigned to a contractor, sometimes they are not able to action it in an appropriate time. With the Time Out feature, when a contractor that has been assigned does NOT Schedule Work or Book an Inspection (or selected 'Awaiting Site Contact' or 'Awaiting Materials') the Work/Quote request will Time Out.
If the contractors are unable to do these actions because they can't access the site contact or they are waiting on parts/materials to arrive, we can stop the time out function by updating the job status as 'Awaiting Site Contact' and 'Awaiting Materials' on their behalf.
Here are the time frames for the following:
Work Request - Times out after 3 Days
Quote Request - Times out after 5 Days
Note: When a request times out the contractors will not be able to move forward with the job unless their time is extended by a Strata Manager/SMATA Admin/SMATA Support/Organisation Admin
How to Extend the Time?
1. Login to your SMATA profile.
2. Go to the Jobs Page (Wrench Icon)
3. Select the jobs you want to extend by ticking the check box at the left side of the job. (You may also filter the job by status 'Timed Out')
4. Click the Bulk Action tab and click Extend Time Frame.
5. From there, they can choose to extend the time for the contractor to respond to: 24 Hours, 72 Hours or 5 Days. Once selected, just click Submit.
IMPORTANT: A contractor that has been 'timed out' should be contacted to see if they have progressed with the job first. In any of the above instances, SMATA will notify the Contractors & Strata Managers of the 'Time Out' and similarly with an 'Time Extension' vie email and in the SMATA Notifications.
If you have questions, pleas contact us HERE