During the course of a job, there are many times a strata manager will need to communicate with the contractor. This can be for a variety of reasons like:
- Reminding them to update SMATA
- Informing them of a message from the Site Contact/Committee
- Discussing specific updates/ information regarding a job
Strata Managers can message a contractor regarding a specific job by using the SMATA's message feature. They can also easily identify if there's already an existing communication thread in the job.
How to message a contractor:
1. Log in to SMATA.com
2. Click the Job Icon (Wrench)
3. Click the name of the relevant job
4. Click the Message bubble icon to the left of the contractors name to see the correspondence.
5. Enter the message to the contractor. If necessary, click 'Choose files' and select a file to add to the message.
6. Click Send
Once this is done, the contractor will receive a notification that a message has been sent by the strata manager regarding this specific job. They are able to read and reply to it through the message feature in this job on their SMATA profile.
When a contractor has sent a message, you will be alerted in a few ways.
- You will receive an email
- Your SMATA notification will update (Bell Icon). Note, a dot next to the Bell means there are new notifications.
- On your Jobs page, a red bubble with the number of new messages for a job will appear to the left of the Job Title
- On your dashboard (Dashboard Icon) the green counter for 'New Messages' will update to include this in their numbers
- Similarly, the green counter on the New Message filter on your Jobs page (Wrench Icon) will update their number
To view the message details
1. Click on the job title to take you to the Job details page
2. Click on the message to open the correspondence. A new message will appear as a red bubble on the Message Icon
3. View the message and respond if necessary.
- This message feature only connects Strata Managers and the selected contractor (and their employees). Any updates here are not sent to the committee.
- Each message thread is unique to the work/quote request. You can have multiple conversations to the same contractor via seperate jobs.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us HERE