When a contractor wants to request a variance to their quote, they can submit it through SMATA for the Strata Manager to action.
Strata Managers can see the variance details by:
1. Logging in to SMATA.com
2. Selecting the relevant job
3. Viewing the Status will show the description of the variance needed
4. Clicking "Variance" will present the variance document submitted by the contractor
5. If the contractor added files, photos etc to the submission, these are visible by clicking the camera or file Icon buttons.
From here, a Strata Manager can either
- Approve the Variance
- Send the Variance for Approval or
- Reject the Variance
Approving the variance will alert the contractor that it has been approved and give them the go ahead to proceed with the works.
Clicking "Send Variance for Approval" will allow a strata manager to create a vote. They are prompted to select which committee contacts to send the vote to, and an email is sent to each of them with a link to the voting page.
Clicking "Reject Variance" will prompt a strata manager to explain the reason for rejecting the variance. A notification of the rejected variance is sent to the contractor along with the reason why it was rejected. They contractor has the option to resubmit their variance if they wish.
If you have any further issues regarding approving variances, please contact us HERE