For many jobs it is important to be able to have open communication with the building contacts. This can be important for:
- organising inspections and scheduling work times
- getting access to a site or property
- contacting neighbours
- getting more details about a job
Occasionally, a contractor will need to request the contact details of the owners/tenants of certain Lots, but their contact information isn't available. With SMATA, a contractor can request these details through the following steps:
How to request contact details:
1. Log in to SMATA.com
2. Click on the relevant job
3. Click on the 'Building Contacts' card
4. Click on the 'Request Contact Details' button for the lot/s you want to contact
5. Click 'Yes' on the message asking 'Do you wish to request this contact's details?'
Once this is done, the occupant of that lot will receive correspondence asking their permission for the release of their contact details. If they say yes, the contractor will be notified of this information via email. If they say no, you will be notified of this decision.
If the occupant's details are important in order to complete the job, please message the Strata Manager through our Messaging system and request the details there. If they feel it is necessary, the Strata managers can give you the contact details.
If you are having any trouble requesting building contacts, please contact us HERE